The annual Australian Universities Rugby League (AURL) Interstate Challenge match between NSW and Queensland will be played at St Marys Stadium (Western Sydney) on Sunday 24 June 2018.
The match will serve as the primary selection trial for the AURL Representative Team that will undertake a self-funded 3 match tour to South Africa from 20 to 30 October 2018.
Expressions of interest are now invited from players wishing to be considered for selection in the 2018 NSW Universities team.
Applicants need to be aware of the following requirements:
– Student eligibility is as determined by Australian University Sport (AUS) Selection Criteria By Laws:
1. Player must be enrolled and currently proceeding in a course of study at university, TAFE, tertiary institution or recognised college;
2. Upon selection he will be required to provide proof of (1) above for AUS acceptance ; and
3. He must remain compliant to (1) above for the duration of his selection commitment.
– Participation in the NSW Universities team is on a self-funded basis and all players expressing an interest must be prepared to commit to attending a training camp to be held at St Marys from 21- 24 June 2018 and pay a levy of $950 prior to assist cover the cost of apparel, accommodation/meals, etc.
– In addition, in the event that the player is subsequently selected in the AURL team, he must also be prepared to commit to tour to South Africa with that team from 20-30 October 2018 and pay a participation levy of approximately $3,900 (final cost to be determined and will be advised after the Interstate Challenge match).
This years applications are now closed, if you have applied we will be in contact with you soon.